Facebook announced last week, changes that will significantly affect the layout and the functionality of your Fan Pages. The Facebook changes to Business Fan Pages should be a concern for all people using Facebook for marketing promotion. After the end of the month all visitors will land by default on the new Timeline style page. And unfortunately, this change is not optional.
Facebook will be switching all Business Pages to the new framework on 30 March 2012 and you won’t have an option to revert back to the old layout.
A Summary of the seven (7) important Facebook changes:
- 850px wide COVER PHOTO will replace the old Profile Image but may NOT contain the following:
- Price or purchase information, such as “40% off”
- “Download it at our website”.
- Contact information, such as web address, email, mailing address or other information intended for your Page’s About section.
- References to user interface elements, such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features.
- Calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends”.
Four (4) implications to consider about the Facebook changes of 2012 on your business fan pages
- Your carefully crafted branding will disappear, you will need to start from scratch.
- Your Apps Default Landing Tabs (Welcome Pages) will be gone, Reveal Tabs will be gone gone , so lead collection will become a bit harder.
- Advertising on the Cover photo will not be permitted, so your advertising and branding will have to become far more subtle.
- The new Timeline will be far more visual, so you will have to become better friends with your graphic designer.
Visit Facebook Blog to learn more about the upcoming Facebook changes.
Pre-empt the Facebook changes and get your new Facebook branding ready.
To learn more about Facebook branding and Facebook Marketing, and how Cliff will help you be ready for the change.
Receive a FREE, no obligation quotation for adding branding to your Facebook Page and help with your Facebook Marketing. Call Cliff and ask questions! Prepare your thoughts and questions before calling to get the most from this event. He generously and freely gives the first hour of consultation:
Toll Free: 888-260-2909
5663 Balboa Avenue
San Diego, California 92111
Cliff @ GoCliff dot com